Repository navigation
1.0.0 release checklist #302
Description
Activity
Sub-category in here is node-gyp changes, @piscisaureus does #245 cover everything or are there other things we need to try and push through?
Related: NAN needs a minor change nodejs/nan#223 and is due a 1.5 nodejs/nan#216
Sub-category in here is node-gyp changes, @piscisaureus does #245 cover everything or are there other things we need to try and push through?
node-gyp would need to be updated to pick up the headers and .lib file.
install,windows: symlink iojs -> node #140, assigned to @piscisaureus
I can do that in an hour or so (need to write a stub exe), unfortunately I really have no time today (monday).
[wip] merge v0.10 #267 (is this going to make it?)
It probably won't. It's not as trivial as merging patches, but if we like good PR we have to make io.js faster. Timers performance is outright terrible right now which makes the http server slow.
Regarding #257 (deprecate
fs.exists()) - I'm going to remove the deprecation warning at @piscisaureus request. I'd like to leave it marked as deprecated in the docs though.Any way to add a "Run for at least 24 hrs in a relatively high load, relatively complex production app" checkpoint to the end there?
In re #238 - yes let's release without icu-small.
Questions for the website:
- How many install downloads will we have and what will their labels be?
- Will I be able to get links to those assets prior to them actually being built?
@mikeal I think we can have the build run a script to build an html for our releases page.
sure, in the future, but for today I'm just going to write all this out manually :)
@mikeal use https://iojs.org/download/nightly/v1.0.0-nightly2015011284fa1f8c46/ as a reference, I'll drop another nightly soon with some updates, I also have comments on /dist/ organisation in #301 (comment)
You should be able to expect:
- /dist/v1.0.0/iojs-v1.0.0-darwin-x64.tar.gz - OSX raw (64-bit only)
- /dist/v1.0.0/iojs-v1.0.0-linux-armv7l.tar.gz - Linux ARMv7 (not raspberry pi, I'll try and have an armv6l equivilant in there too but it'l probably be delayed if it gets there at all)
- /dist/v1.0.0/iojs-v1.0.0-linux-x86.tar.gz - Linux 32-bit (is "ia32" in current nightlies, I'll be changing that)
- /dist/v1.0.0/iojs-v1.0.0-linux-x64.tar.gz - Linux 64-bit
- /dist/v1.0.0/iojs-v1.0.0.pkg - OSX installer (64-bit only)
- /dist/v1.0.0/iojs-v1.0.0.tar.gz - Source tarball
- /dist/v1.0.0/iojs-v1.0.0-x64.msi - Windows 64-bit installer
- /dist/v1.0.0/iojs-v1.0.0-x86.msi - Windows 32-bit installer
@rvagg the website is "good enough" to go out for the release, although there are all kinds of improvements we can and will continue to make.
I'm going to be on a plane for most of tomorrow so if I'm not around please merge the 1.0.0 branch in to master once you push the release live.
@mikeal I don't expect to be "finished" untill well after the TC meeting so perhaps you'll be back online by then, there will be a row of yaks lining up for hairstyling prior to release
I'm going to be on a plane for most of tomorrow so if I'm not around please merge the 1.0.0 branch in to master once you push the release live.
I'll be around.
+1 @mhart
awesome, @Fishrock123 is on it :)
I think file copyright policy could be marked as done.
checklist is complete as of #344
Am doing this now:
- Running CI: https://jenkins-iojs.nodesource.com/job/iojs+any-pr+multi/72/
- (pending success of above) Run a nightly so we can at least test the installers and the node.exe symlink
- (pending success of above) Run the release job to produce binaries then promote them as a batch when they land
- (pending success of above) Have someone land the website
- (pending success of above) Happy dance?

I've been told I'm "release master" for 1.0.0 and even though I'm not exactly sure what that should entail I'm going to make a checklist, based initially off issues and PRs in the v1.0.0 milestone: https://github.com/iojs/io.js/milestones/v1.0.0
Collaborators please assign yourselves to issues or pitch in where you can.