API only CLI - #18482
API only CLI#18482
Conversation
|
/test pull-kops-scenario-splitkcp-gcp |
|
/test pull-kops-scenario-clusterapi-gcp |
|
/test pull-kops-scenario-clusterapi-gcp |
21489be to
d0a4abc
Compare
Added flag --api-server-size to be consistent with other machine type flags. Added doc on the flag reflecting my testing. Adding GCE test for APIServer only option. Fixed comment from previous PR. apiserver only DNS check for AWS comment is now correct. Removed k8s version flag from doc. make gen-cli-docs
| # Install extra RBAC for kops-controller CAPI support | ||
| kubectl apply --server-side -f "${REPO_ROOT}/clusterapi/examples/kopscontroller.yaml" | ||
|
|
||
| # Bounce kops-controller in case it went into backoff before the CRDs were installed | ||
| kubectl delete pod -n kube-system -l k8s-app=kops-controller | ||
|
|
||
| # Install cert-manager | ||
| kubectl apply --server-side -f https://github.com/cert-manager/cert-manager/releases/download/v1.18.2/cert-manager.yaml | ||
|
|
||
| kubectl wait --for=condition=Available --timeout=5m -n cert-manager deployment/cert-manager | ||
| kubectl wait --for=condition=Available --timeout=5m -n cert-manager deployment/cert-manager-cainjector | ||
| kubectl wait --for=condition=Available --timeout=5m -n cert-manager deployment/cert-manager-webhook | ||
|
|
||
| # Install cluster-api core and cluster-api-provider-gcp | ||
| kubectl apply --server-side -k "${REPO_ROOT}/clusterapi/manifests/cluster-api" | ||
| kubectl wait --for=condition=Available --timeout=5m -n capi-system deployment/capi-controller-manager | ||
|
|
||
| kubectl apply --server-side -k "${REPO_ROOT}/clusterapi/manifests/cluster-api-provider-gcp" | ||
| kubectl wait --for=condition=Available --timeout=5m -n capg-system deployment/capg-controller-manager | ||
|
|
||
|
|
||
| # Install extra RBAC for capi-manager loopback connection to cluster (used to check node health etc) | ||
| kubectl apply --server-side -f "${REPO_ROOT}/clusterapi/examples/capi-loopback.yaml" |
There was a problem hiding this comment.
Do we want to keep doing CAPI or shall we just bring up a cluster with dedicated apiserver nodes and make sure that we see the apiserver nodes? (It might need a go test in this directory, which I'm OK with)
There was a problem hiding this comment.
I'd like to turn this into its own real test. Not done allowing the KCP to be split. As we enable further splits I would like this become the test that all the pieces work.
| g.Spec.MachineType = size | ||
| } | ||
| if i > 0 { | ||
| klog.Fatalf("multiple machine types for IG group not currently supported") |
There was a problem hiding this comment.
Nit: "for apiserver InstanceGroup" or similar
| @@ -0,0 +1,104 @@ | |||
| #!/usr/bin/env bash | |||
There was a problem hiding this comment.
When we get this merged, let's create a PR to test-infra to make sure we run the scenario
|
One nit on message naming, one suggestion for future direction, but not blocking (tests). /approve |
|
[APPROVALNOTIFIER] This PR is APPROVED This pull-request has been approved by: justinsb The full list of commands accepted by this bot can be found here. The pull request process is described here DetailsNeeds approval from an approver in each of these files:
Approvers can indicate their approval by writing |
Added an option to provide apiserver only machine type in the cli.
Added test for the generated spec from this.
Fixed comment from previous pr.