Questions tagged [vscode-remote]
Visual Studio Code Remote Development allows you to use a container, remote machine, or the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) as a full-featured development environment
428
questions
0
votes
1answer
14 views
how to start code server terminal with chroot?
I have a code server that runs on Android with termux, for university reasons, there are times when I must share my vscode environment and I would not like to expose my entire system and personal ...
1
vote
0answers
34 views
Working directory of Visual Studio Code tasks
What is the working directory of a Visual Studio Code task?
According to the official documentation, the default should be the workspace directory, i.e., workspaceFolder, but running a task which ...
1
vote
0answers
16 views
How to specify user and group owner of a mounted device in Docker container?
I'm using VSCode Devcontainer and:
I need to access /dev/kvm from within the container
I don't want the user in my container to be root
So, I start the container with --device=/dev/kvm and I can ...
0
votes
0answers
10 views
how to visualize images in debug console when im using vscode via remote ssh
I am using vscode remote ssh and connect to my server (a node in a cluster) via ssh.
My local machine is Windows and my Host is ubuntu.
My vscode is being used to code in python.
I am trying for weeks ...
0
votes
0answers
3 views
Connect VS Code to remote server(ssh) via Royal TS secure gateway?
I am trying to connect to a remote server using VS code but it requires either Royal TS secure gateway or RDP. When using the "External Application" feature of Royal TS using a secured ...
0
votes
0answers
8 views
The local port 3000 is not available (CentOS ,browser-sync, VSCode Remote SSH)
I'm doing development with VSCode Remote SSH, where CentOS 7 is running.
I use BrowserSync to proxy remote URL, it was usually running on localhost:3000 and localhost:3001 (this is the default)
but ...
0
votes
0answers
10 views
How to use vscode server as git difftool
I'm trying to set up vscode as a git difftool like in https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/versioncontrol#_vs-code-as-git-diff-tool.
However, I can't seem to get it to work, because I use remote ...
0
votes
0answers
18 views
VSCode: How to open repositories that have been cloned to a local volume
Using the remote container extension in VSCode I have opened a repository in a dev container. I am using vscode/docker in windows/wsl2 to develop in linux containers. In order to improve disk ...
1
vote
0answers
49 views
On VSCode-remote, why is python jedi language server extension is taking up excessive RAM even when application is closed?
.
My machine has 64GB of RAM. I use vscode-remote to access it over ssh. I note that RAM usage shoots up and remains even when I have closed the session.
In the image below are the results of the htop ...
0
votes
0answers
30 views
Issue connecting to Windows OpenSSH with VS Code Remote
Can connect fine via a regular terminal, but it looks like something is hanging maybe when it tries to set up everything on the server (it never does create the vscode folder as far as I can tell). ...
1
vote
1answer
96 views
Remote Container - Ubuntu:Latest - /dev/null: Permission denied
Up until recently, I had no issues with my using Remote Containers with an Ubuntu image (via a Dockerfile and docker-compose since I also need to run a mongodb container). Admittedly, I have not ran ...
0
votes
0answers
10 views
Start remote VS Code under `nice`
I'm using VS Code with Remote-SSH. Works fine, but by default, I'm landing on the login node of a cluster, Code spawns too many greedy subprocesses, and I get kicked out by admins.
A workaround is to ...
0
votes
0answers
57 views
Remote-Containers Extension of VS Code not able to execute docker commands
Setup:
Ubuntu 20.04 distro running inside WSL2 (5.4.72-microsoft-standard-WSL2)
VS Code version 1.55.2 installed in Windows
Docker version 19.03.8, build afacb8b7f0 installed in WSL2
docker-compose ...
0
votes
0answers
23 views
How to set up a Zephyr Project App in VSC?
I am trying to use VSC to develop and debug embedded C applications with Zephyr OS. Is this possible? Are there instructions to set this up? Is there a zephyr setup extension? The Zephyr documentation ...
1
vote
0answers
76 views
Vs code Python Interpreter Invalid Version Python error
I use remote-ssh extension to connect to remove linux server. From there I do development.
All of a sudden, I got this Invalid Version Python error when loading conda env. It had been working fine. I ...
-1
votes
0answers
15 views
Running the Debugger as Root on VS Code Remote
I am using visual studio code to develop a rust project.
The source code is present on an Ubuntu Machine.
I am using Visual Studio Code Remote Development to build and debug the project from my ...
2
votes
2answers
57 views
vscode Docker extension does not show the remote containers after updaing vscode to v1.55: vscode error connect econnrefused 127.0.0.1:80
After updating vscode to version 1.55 (March 2021), the remote-docker extension does not show the remote containers anymore and instead shows this error:
vscode error connect econnrefused 127.0.0.1:80
...
0
votes
0answers
34 views
Git Repository not Detected in Remote VS Code Workspace
I set up VS Code's Remote - SSH extension to edit ROS projects on remote Linux machines over SSH. I'm able to view and edit code directly on the remote machines, but I'm unable to use any of VS Code's ...
0
votes
0answers
36 views
Debugging in vscode remote containers
Recently I have found great feature of vsCode which is remote-containers. I decided to play with this a bit, but I got stuck on developing configuration for debugging.
At this point I am able to ...
0
votes
1answer
16 views
VSCode (on win10) keeps asking for ssh (to remote Ubutnu) password, ssh key is properly set up
I'm running VSCode (with remote develop) on Windows 10.
I have generated a ssh key and want to use it to connect to remote server (Ubuntu) via SSH (instead of password).
VSCode keeps asking for the ...
0
votes
0answers
9 views
Set specific env vars for a whole VSCode and per project if needed and how to set env for Test (Flask icon)?
I use Mac local and Linux via VSCode remote.
I use Terminal (cmd+J) and Test (from left side bar on VSCode, the erlenmeyer flask).
It's well known that starting with command line code . from the ...
1
vote
1answer
250 views
Cannote [Remote SSH] into a specific server with the VS Code extension from Microsoft
The issue only occurs on a specific server. I can connect to it via the command line but not the [Remote SSH] VS Code extension. I can connect to another server with [Remote SSH] too.
The server in ...
0
votes
0answers
40 views
Visual Studio Code - configure OpenCV libraries for C++
I've installed OpenCV On Ubuntu successfully and I managed to run a sample code as:
g++ main.cpp -o testoutput -std=c++11 `pkg-config --cflags --libs opencv`
I've tried to run it with Visual Studio ...
1
vote
0answers
9 views
How to connect VS Code to server without RDP
How to connect VS Code to linux server by not login to remote desktop
Current way I login:
open Personal Computer >> Establish VPN connection >> open RDP and login >> open putty/VS ...
0
votes
0answers
36 views
VSCode remote containers development NULL coalescing on environment variables in devcontainer.json
I am setting up remote container development in a VSCode application.
The devcontainer.json documentation can be found on the VSCode website here.
I am attempting to mount shared volumes that require ...
0
votes
0answers
8 views
Open remote from remote server
I would like to ssh into a server and then from that server ssh into another server. Can I use vscode remote extension to accomplish that and to have the extension work for the second remote like it ...
0
votes
0answers
12 views
Open and Compile an iOS Development Project on VS Code Remote
There are two projects on which I am working based on Ionic and React Native.
On M1 Mac, none of them is compiling and throwing a lot of errors.
My current way of development is that the code runs on ...
0
votes
0answers
30 views
Connect to remote server [remote-ssh vscode]
I got the following error when I tried to connect to a remote host.
When I try to connect through my private key as mentioned below I could able to login via putty where I used my private key in ssh ...
0
votes
0answers
22 views
Open files from remote ssh host in VSCode
I'm using using VSCode Remote SSH from my laptop (Linux) to work on projects that resides on a Linux host.
If I open an internal terminal in VSCode I can open files from the host by doing code ...
1
vote
1answer
141 views
VS Code Remote Development Errors
I am connected to my company's VPN on my Windows 10 desktop and uses VS Code for my development. I wanted to use VS Code Remote Development so that I can connect to my remote company development ...
0
votes
0answers
9 views
Remote SSH fails - times out after r30 seconds
I can connect to server via SSH through Mac Terminal and even in VSCode terminal - but wen trying to user Remote SSH extension it immediately fail within 20 second. Says it times out.
I just installed ...
0
votes
1answer
53 views
Does vscode-dev-containers work with non-Docker containers like LXC?
In the website of visualstudio at the following link:
https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/remote/remote-overview
the website says that VS Code Remote Development can connect in 3 ways:
Remote SSH
...
0
votes
0answers
35 views
code-server `vscode` and sharing code information with users
I'm using code-server to open vscode by browser. I have more than one user.
These users contribute with each other on a code (code sharing) so I need to show the users
some users action to each other. ...
0
votes
0answers
11 views
How to execute a command in the background after container starts?
I'm working with a devcontainer that installs Azurite as part of its set of requirements so that we can emulate Azure Storage xplat w/in the container and use it from services like Functions.
However, ...
0
votes
0answers
28 views
How to use a custom volume image in vscode remote for containers when cloning a repository into a volume?
When cloning a repository into a volume with the vscode remote extension for containers, an alpine linux is downloaded from docker.io which is then used as base image for the volume. How can I set a ...
0
votes
1answer
48 views
Remote-Containers: Can I create a standard default devcontainer.json?
So I have one local container that I want to use for the Remote-Containers support. But I can't seem to create a single default devcontainer.json to utilize this. Am I correct that it's a file per ...
2
votes
2answers
230 views
VSCode with WSL2 - Delayed launching due to no response to ping
Using VSCode with WSL2. Everything was alright until last week. From today, I observed that it is taking time to start the WSL. The following is the log from VSCode.
[2021-02-22 06:00:31.458] ...
0
votes
0answers
37 views
The pipe the procedure is trying to write to does not exist
I use vscode with remote-ssh to connect my sever, but it's failed.
output:
[10:47:38.083] Log Level: 2
[10:47:38.085] remote-ssh@0.63.0
[10:47:38.085] win32 x64
[10:47:38.086] SSH Resolver called for &...
0
votes
0answers
17 views
Attach to existing container from command line
I want to write a script, which run vscode in desired configuration:
vscode is attached to running container, which can be identified by docker ps | grep
select predefined path as folder
How it can ...
1
vote
0answers
58 views
VSCode remote-ssh cant connect to win server 2019
I'm using VSCode remote-ssh extension for development on winserv2016 and it works as intended. We recently switched to winserv2019 and the extension does not work. the error I get in output is
...
0
votes
1answer
21 views
Can I keep vscode Terminal connected to host machine while in Docker environment using Remote Containers extension?
I have the Remote Containers extension setup so I can jump into a docker container for autocomplete etc. That's working how I want it to.
But it also sets the Terminal window to be inside that ...
0
votes
0answers
184 views
Xdebug 3.0 WSL2 and VSCode - Configuration That Works
Most examples on the web for getting PHP debugging working with VSCode and WSL use Xdebug 2.x php.ini settings. Those no longer work with version 3.0. See the Xdebug Upgrade for details on changes.
...
2
votes
0answers
93 views
VSCode DevContainers: How do you mount a home file on both MAC and Windows
I am using VSCode devcontainers, how do you have a mount section in the devcontainers.json with that is compatible for both windows and MAC? I have a problem accessing the source=... section under the ...
0
votes
0answers
13 views
VS Code ask for password repeatedly when opening different folder on same host
I have connected to a remote Ubuntu host from Windows using VS Code and using it for remote development. Often times I open different code repositories in VS Code but every time I have to open a ...
0
votes
0answers
30 views
Force running on host
How does the Remote Development (by SSH) detect if the remote machine is 64-bit, and can this be overridden somehow?
In my environment, I have various containers running on a 64-bit kernel, but ...
0
votes
1answer
92 views
Where can I manage GitHub's tokens for VSCode?
I connected to github from vscode. From what I saw, it generated a OAuth2 token with vscode-auth.github.com
Now, I would like to know:
How I can disable this token from github.com (it doesn't show up ...
1
vote
1answer
104 views
Using vscode causing “vscode-remote link” Windows dialog to repeatedly display
I use the VSCode SSH extension to remote into my desktop computer. I had to re-install my local copy of VSCode on my Windows machine last week. Since then, I've been repeatedly getting the following ...
2
votes
1answer
139 views
VS Code Remote - SSH: difference between “Lockfiles in Tmp” and “Use Flock”?
I am trying to use the VS Code extension Remote - SSH (v0.63.0) to develop C/C++ code on a remote system.
The remote system is a cluster of tens of Linux (Ubuntu 14) machines using OpenAFS.
I have run ...
0
votes
1answer
97 views
Remote-SSH: identityFile path format on Winsows machine
Struggling to make Remote-SSH working in VS Code.
My local machine is Windows 10 and remote machine is Ubuntu 20.04. I have set configuration file "config" in C:\Users\xxx.ssh folder as ...
0
votes
1answer
26 views
Cannot launch VS Code remote desktop as user, but can login as user via terminal
I've run into a problem where I can't launch a Remote Desktop Session in VS Code when I use my username, but I can with root. In a normal ssh session through zsh terminal, I can log into both root and ...